Radiofrequency energy and cryolipolysis, the technologies behind Morpheus8 Body and CoolSculpting Elite, respectively, have been used for various medical and cosmetic purposes for years. Thanks to these advances in cosmetic technology, these two noninvasive treatments help patients achieve the aesthetic goals they’ve always wanted!
Each treatment has a unique approach that provides slightly different results. Let’s delve into the science behind Morpheus8 Body and CoolSculpting Elite and explore what these treatments have to offer and how to determine the right procedure for your specific needs.
What is Morpheus8 Body?
Not your typical microneedling procedure, Morpheus8 Body is an innovative, noninvasive skin rejuvenation treatment. The device combines the power of micro pins and RF energy to stimulate elastin, collagen production, and blood flow, resulting in a more youthful and firm appearance.
Morpheus8 Body is an FDA-cleared technology that penetrates up to 8mm deep under the skin surface, simultaneously targeting tissue at three different depths for a customized, full-body procedure effective on all skin types, including darker skin tones.
Microneedles penetrate the skin during treatment, creating micro-wounds that trigger the body’s repair process. At the same time, RF energy tightens tissue and reduces the fat below the skin’s surface, resulting in improved skin texture, reduced cellulite, acne scars, stretch marks, and an improved appearance!
With minimal invasiveness and a quick recovery time, Morpheus8 Body is an excellent option for patients seeking to enhance their body’s appearance and confidence!
What are the Key Benefits of Morpheus8 Body?
Morpheus8 Body is an advanced cosmetic treatment vastly different from the current treatment paradigms on the market — offering numerous benefits for those looking to rejuvenate aging skin without surgery.
Some of the key benefits of Morpheus8 Body include:
- Increase collagen production: Our skin produces less collagen as we age, leading to wrinkles and elasticity loss. Morpheus8 Body stimulates collagen production, resulting in firmer, fuller, and younger-looking skin long term.
- Diminish fine lines and wrinkles: Morpheus8 Body is an effective treatment for improving aging around the eyes, mouth, and forehead. After your treatment, you will see noticeably tighter, brighter, smoother skin with fewer lines and wrinkles!
- Lift and tighten loose skin: The Morpheus8 Body microneedling procedure reduces sagging in a myriad of body areas. It can also help remove excess fat from particularly stubborn areas!
- Fade stretch marks: Morpheus8 Body can help eliminate stretch marks by breaking up the scar and fibrous tissue, leading to firmer skin and improved elasticity.
Morpheus8 Body works on both large and small areas with uniform effects to promote skin renewal and collagen remodeling. In addition, the treatment is safe on skin type VI with little risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
What is CoolSculpting Elite?
CoolSculpting Elite is an advanced and upgraded version of the traditional CoolSculpting Legacy device, designed to treat 18% more body surface area. It is a cutting-edge, noninvasive cosmetic approach to fat reduction and body contouring that utilizes safe fat-freezing technology.
The Elite upgrade allows for the simultaneous fat-freezing treatment of more extensive and diverse body areas, making it possible to freeze twice the fat in half the time. During a CoolSculpting Elite treatment session, a highly advanced handheld device targets and freezes unwanted fat cells, resulting in natural removal through the body’s lymphatic system over time.
This innovative technology permanently eliminates and thus reduces the number of fat cells in the body, offering visible results that improve over time, with final results expected after 1-3 months.
The safety and effectiveness of CoolSculpting Elite has been proven through 8 million treatment plans and an FDA clearance, making it a reliable and desirable option for those who are at their ideal body weight but looking to address stubborn areas of fat such as a fatty bulge in the stomach area or around the knees.
What Results Can I Expect From a CoolSculpting Elite Treatment?
CoolSculpting Elite uses cryolipolysis for fat reduction and body contouring. During a CoolSculpting Elite session, a highly advanced handheld device targets and freezes unwanted fat cells, causing them to die and be naturally removed by the body.
It is essential to manage expectations when receiving treatments such as CoolSculpting Elite. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle following the treatment is key to looking after existing fat cells in the subcutaneous fat layer.
The cryolipolysis treatment can result in an average fat reduction of 20-25% in the treated area per treatment cycle, which makes it a great alternative to traditional liposuction — allowing you to safeguard your body contouring safety and efficacy! In addition, the treatment entails minimal downtime and side effects, such as temporary redness and numbness, and does not require anesthesia or incisions.
How Do Morpheus8 Body and CoolSculpting Elite Differ?
Morpheus8 Body and CoolSculpting Elite can be used in conjunction with each other as part of a holistic treatment plan. While both procedures aim to improve body shape, and appearance, their mechanisms of action and final results differ.
Morpheus8 Body uses radiofrequency energy to penetrate the skin and stimulate collagen production, resulting in smoother and tighter skin. It also targets subcutaneous fat and remodels the tissue, leading to mild fat reduction and body contouring.
CoolSculpting Elite uses cryolipolysis to freeze and kill fat cells in the treated area. The dead fat cells are then naturally eliminated from the body over time, resulting in a slimmer, more contoured appearance.
Suitable candidates for each treatment may differ based on their skin concerns, skin conditions, and ideal body weight.
Which Treatment is Best for Fat Reduction?
While Morpheus8 Body provides benefits such as improving skin texture, tone, and tightening, CoolSculpting Elite has been proven to reduce up to 20-25% of stubborn fat in the targeted area per treatment cycle in a loss of several inches in the treatment area.
It’s vital to note that CoolSculpting Elite is not a weight loss program but rather a fat reduction treatment that works best when combined with a healthy lifestyle. It is recommended that patients may undergo multiple treatment sessions per area to achieve maximum results. Staying hydrated and manually massaging the treatment area can assist in the process for optimal results!
Are the Results Permanent?
Both Morpheus8 Body and CoolSculpting Elite provide long-lasting contouring and fat-reduction results.
The treated area will gradually improve over time, with the full results visible after 3 to 6 months. While the initial effects of Morpheus8 Body are immediate and long lasting, they are not permanent, as the aging process will continue to affect the skin over time. However, you can maintain your results by taking good care of your skin and getting yearly maintenance treatments.
The results of CoolSculpting Elite are long-lasting as fat cells are permanently removed. But while the treated fat cells are forever gone, the remaining fat cells in the body can still expand if you gain weight, which may affect the overall appearance of the treatment area. So again, it is beneficial to live a healthy, active lifestyle to preserve the effects of the treatment.
Start Your Body Contouring Journey at VIPS!
Contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Vinyard, or call us at (772) 362-3357 to discover the next steps in your body contouring journey! Our office at 291 NW Peacock Blvd, Suite 103, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986, proudly serves the South Florida area! We also invite you to check out our blog page, Facebook, and Instagram to learn more about the treatment options available at our office!
- https://drangelasturm.com/morpheus8-treat-acne-scars/ — Accessed 28 February 2023.
- https://inmodemd.com/workstation/morpheus8/ — Accessed 28 February 2023.
- https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/21060-fat-freezing-cryolipolysis — Accessed 28 February 2023.
- https://resources.plasticsurgeryvips.com/coolsculpting/ — Accessed 28 February 2023.
- https://resources.plasticsurgeryvips.com/how-coolsculpting-can-help-you-lose-inches/ — Accessed 28 February 2023.
- https://resources.plasticsurgeryvips.com/introducing-morpheus8-body-the-newest-trend-in-nonsurgical-skin-rejuvenation/ — Accessed 28 February 2023.
- https://resources.plasticsurgeryvips.com/what-does-coolsculpting-elite-cost/ — Accessed 28 February 2023.
- https://resources.plasticsurgeryvips.com/what-is-a-morpheus8-body-and-how-can-you-get-one/ — Accessed 28 February 2023.
- https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf20/K200947.pdf — Accessed 28 February 2023.
- https://www.coolsculptinghcp.com/coolsculpting-elite/ — Accessed 28 February 2023.